Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Til gud ghya, god god bola.

Its January and its time for til laddus. Today is Makar Sankranti. I have never been so excited about this day. Since Friday, I have brought all the ingredients for making the laddu. Weekend, somehow it got skipped and the laddus had to be ready on Sankranti. Yesterday, after reaching home, I decided I need to make laddus, by hook and by hook.

Ingredients:
1.     1/2 kg Til (Sesame seeds)
2.     1/2 kg Jaggery
3.     1 tablespoon Elaichi powder
4.     100 gms Groundnut
5.     100 gms Coverless Split Chana
6.     2 tablespoom Ghee
7.     1/2 cup water

Preparation:
1.     Roast the groundnut and wait till it cools to take off the cover.
2.     Roast chana. Do not burn it.
3.     Roast til till it turns slightly brown.
4.     Take a vessel add ghee. Heat it.
5.     Add jaggery to the vessel. Add water slowly. Jaggery will start melting.
6.     Heat it till it is ready. Add a drop of jaggery to water, and if it forms a ball, then it is ready.
7.     Add elaichi powder, groundnut, chana and til. Mix well.
8.     Take it off the heat and start making laddus before it cools down.

Till 2 AM, I was done making laddus. The excitement is still there, when I am writing. Cooking is fun, when it is not the usual stuff. Happy Makar Sankranti!!!

No comments: