Saturday, June 20, 2009

Thinking about marriage… who me??? Yeah…

Yeah I have been thinking about marriage from some time, since 4 months. Because I can't stop thinking about it, as my friends don't let me stop thinking about it. 4 months back, my friend's marriage got fixed; she will be getting married next month. 2 months back one of my classmate got married. Last month my cousin got married. Another friend is searching for a suitable groom, and today I got a call from my Hyderabad friend that his marriage is almost fixed. What is going on guys? It's not that I m not happy for them, but then it's like they don't want me to stop thinking over it. Guess it's the marriage season. Everyone is on a lookout. And guess what, even one of the top TV Channels is doing its bit, in reminding me of marriage. They have started a show, where guys & gals can find a suitable match for themselves. A guy, as young as 20, had come on the show. His birth-date was given so I was guessing his age, and I really got shocked to know his age. He said that first one should get married and then later settle in life. Wow! First screw your life as much as you can, as you have only one life, and then live your life cribbing over it JJJ. The show seems funny to me, as they show gals taking care of their parents, like massaging their legs, cooking food, and I start seeing myself in the TV JJJ. Man I would never let them shoot that scene with me, else my hubby will recall this physical proof and remind me each day to massage his legs J. Guys want gals who are homely, but if they are working then no issues. She should be traditional, well-cultured with contemporary ideas JJJ. I guess they should directly deal with God to create a customized piece for them.

The moment my parents come to know that one of my friends' marriage is fixed, I get a doze, When will u get married? Wish u had a job, you would have been married by now. Sounds so funny, but that's the truth. Guys have become clever enough to marry employed girls… future planning. As if girls are some money minting machines. Marriage is all about settling down, that's what I feel, so there is still some time left for me, probably 1-2 years J. Btw I have not yet conveyed this to my parents JJJ.

2 comments:

Divya A L said...

HA haha ... which channel has this show? Wht time? I love to watch comedy stuf!! A boy of 20 eager for marriage.... May be he is looking for a "girl" to settle down (financially ) :-|

Yeah the more you talk to parents of marriage whether for or against, they deduce the same conclusion - Oh she's talkin of marriage.. may be she is interested.. " :P :D

Sleeping Devil said...

@Divya: The show's name is Taara shaadi :D. U have to decode :P Now-a-days, only marriage can raise the TRPS. Another show is coming up, Rakhi ka swayamvar :D

My relatives will question me if I say no to a guy who is older to me by 10 yrs or has a height of 7 feet. For them guy is not important, marriage should be done by 25. Crazy ones!