Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Update on driving

It feels like I have been learning to drive since ages and have still not got my driving license. Each time I get into the car, I close the door, put the seat belt, I put the car in neutral, check the mirrors, start the car, give the right signal but always forget to put it in 1st gear. Sort of maddening! And then the accelerator acts like crazy, even if I touch it, it vrooms, agreed I would love to vroom it to 80 km/hr, but then the time allotted to me to learn driving is peak time, people are running back to their home, probably running away as I have hit the wheel JJJ. Masterji always tells me, "Bhagaayiye mat, dheere se, bhagaayegi tho control nahi rahega car par". Another problem area is taking a turn. Either I turn too much or turn too little. When I turn too little, the traffic signal changes to red forcing me to stop abruptly. When I turn too much I tend to enter the other lane JJJ. I would like someone to film me, while I am driving, as I am damn sure, my car is never moving in a straight direction and Masterji keeps telling, "seeda chalayiye, gaadi ko seeda rakhiye".

I have even forgotten my direction sense. There were instances when Masterji says take right, I have turned left JJJ. 10 more days to go, and I am waiting to learn about the reverse gear. One of the best features in my car is that the horn on the steering wheel is not working. There is a different button for it, which only the instructor can operate. Once I tried using it, he said, "Yeh sab aap mat karo, hum haina. Aap gaadi chalaiye". Dunno what I will do when I am ready to drive my own car. The person sitting next to me, will have to honk for me J.

There are these richshaw-drivers who always try to overtake my car. Damn! One day I won't let them overtake me; I will vroom past them, overtaking every richshaw visible on the road. The other day, I was about to hit a motorcycle, he tried to overtake me. Why do such insane people keep running on the road, in spite of knowing that another insane person is driving the car JJJ.

1 comment:

Divya A L said...

Hahahaha... i remember my driving classes sooo much!!! Will write about sometime.... Awesome humour there!!!