Sunday, June 21, 2009

Insurance agents… bash them up!!!

Daily I get 2-3 calls from insurance companies. It kind of gets irritating when they question you, why wouldn't you like to take the insurance. Like few days back, this guy called up asking to buy insurance. I was already irritated after knowing he had called for insurance. The conversation went on something like this,

Guy: Ma'am you have to pay only 3-4k yearly.

Me: I am not working, so I wouldn't like to invest this year.

Guy: Ma'am you can manage 3-4k.

Me: But I m not interested.

Guy: Ma'am its only 3-4k.

Me: Ok, why don't you pay for me?

Guy: Ma'am, I already have one in my name.

Me: Yeah that's fine. Take one in my name and pay for me.

Guy: Ma'am, but I don't have that much income.

Me: Yeah, you work and u can't pay and you are asking me to pay.

Felt like throwing rotten tomatoes on him, good for him that he wasn't talking to me face to face. Now he is going to decide if I should invest or not. Another conversation with a lady, I had day before yesterday. It went on something like this,

Lady: Ma'am you have to pay only 500-1000 Rs. May I know if u have a business or working for some company.

Me: I am not working. And I am not interested in investing.

Lady: But u can pay around 500 Rs.

Me: But I m not interested. I am not working so I wouldn't like to invest.

Lady: Why don't you ask your husband? (What an assumption!)

Me: I am not married.

Lady: Oh ok. Thank you Ma'am. (At last she was done trying to convince me)

Now this lady will decide whether I am married or not. I was planning to put my number in Don't disturb list, but then if I do that then how will I get entertained and keep you entertained JJJ.

2 comments:

Divya A L said...

Hahaha.. Good bottomline.. If u happen get a call from some1 and u realize u were not the intended recipient, continue talkin to them!! Thats lots of fun!! Have done it sooo many times :P :D

Sleeping Devil said...

@Divya: Yeah I do it when they keep calling repeatedly, as if I will transfer them to the intended recipient ;)