Monday, December 5, 2011

The surprise

I was done with dinner and the great sleep was ready to take over me. I hurriedly cleared all the clothes on the bed, neatly folded and put them in the cupboard. And oh yes, the books, how can I forget them. The new books which had come were lying all over the bed. When I picked up the books, I saw a diary and got irritated. Now why is his diary lying on the bed, and then I have to search the whole house when it goes missing. Never mind, I will put it back in his bag. I cannot reason or argue now. The diary was very sleek and in a black cover. Looked as if just out of the pack, fresh. I was about to put it aside but decided to open it. And it was a not a paper diary but something which looked like a tablet or a e-book reader, looked like the one which I had got for my bro last year but an advanced one. The screen was blank and dark, no buttons except an inverted ‘u’ at the lower end of the screen. I pressed it and the screen came alive. Wow! It is a e-book reader. But what is it doing on the bed, in the room or the question should be what is it doing in this house. I got excited. The sleep which was waiting to for me walked out of the door. The tablet had the same functionality as that of my phone. And then the culprit entered. I asked, what is this? And he was trying not to smile and said ‘nook tablet’. I asked directly, is it for me, with a smile that of a baby who is about to go out for a trip. And he said YAAAASSSSS. Yes yes yes yes yipppeeeeee!!! Wow, now that is called a surprise. And we started exploring it. It could access internet via Wi-fi. I can download books. Oh, now I understood the reason of this gift. My huge heap of books which is rising at the corner of the room is the actual reason behind it. That’s the best thing, instead of getting confused which book to carry while travelling, and getting worried about the weight of the books, I can download the e-books and can carry just one tablet with me. And no need to worry about the books storage.
After a depressing day at the station, my mood recovered after seeing the tablet. The Best Gift!!!

No comments: