I was a proud owner of Samsung Galaxy Pro, until Sunday. The day I neglected, that’s the day it left me…
I woke up late in the morning, due to a late night meeting with friends. The breakfast was yet to be prepared and we got invited for lunch at a dhaba. After having breakfast, we left for lunch. Just before leaving I noticed my cellphone was going to run out of power in a couple of hours. Expecting to be home before that, I left not worrying much about it. The food was, I must say, delicious. I had been there for the first time. We had just finished the starters and about to order the main course and we heard a vehicle screeching brakes and BANG!!!. Some vehicle had hit some other vehicle or something. I was more worried that it must not have hit our vehicle. Got to know, a lorry had hit an Innova. People inside the Innova were safe, except few scratches and were a bit shaken. The lorry driver as usual had run away. After knowing everything was safe including our car, we went to completing our lunch. We ordered the main course and it took almost an hour for preparation and we were hungry again. After having lunch we started towards home. I called dad informing him that I will be home. I reached home and went off to sleep. At the back of my mind I knew my phone would have switched off by now, so why should I take it out. I woke up in the evening and went out for shopping. All the while not wondering what was happening to my phone, was it safe? As soon I came back I started searching for my phone. No trace! I emptied my bag, still no trace. I searched the house, still no trace. I searched the car, still no trace. I felt like crying. I researched everything, still no trace. I couldn’t believe that it was no longer with me. I kept searching again and again, trying to assure myself it is there somewhere. I tried calling my number, but what was the use, it would have discharged by now. The lady said its switched off. I kept searching until I recalled the place where I had gone shopping, a lady was standing very close to me. I thought she must be so engrossed in shopping that she didn’t realize. I mean how can someone flick my phone from my bag. Its not possible, but it has happened. I was in no mood for dinner. I recalled all the photos which were present, all the messages, all the contacts… damn I was missing my phone. It was a gift from my bhabhi. I just couldn’t myself realize that I lost my phone. The whole night I was so restless. When I woke up in the morning, hoping it was a bad dream, but the phone was not there next to the pillow. We went to the police station to register a complaint. But they issued a certificate stating the phone is lost with the IMEI number. And assuring us that they can trace it only if the phone is switched on. And the chances are very low. I know I was being so emotional about the phone, but I had pics of my little one in it, which I used to browse as and when I missed her. I should have charged it, kept a track of it. I neglected it and it left me…
I woke up late in the morning, due to a late night meeting with friends. The breakfast was yet to be prepared and we got invited for lunch at a dhaba. After having breakfast, we left for lunch. Just before leaving I noticed my cellphone was going to run out of power in a couple of hours. Expecting to be home before that, I left not worrying much about it. The food was, I must say, delicious. I had been there for the first time. We had just finished the starters and about to order the main course and we heard a vehicle screeching brakes and BANG!!!. Some vehicle had hit some other vehicle or something. I was more worried that it must not have hit our vehicle. Got to know, a lorry had hit an Innova. People inside the Innova were safe, except few scratches and were a bit shaken. The lorry driver as usual had run away. After knowing everything was safe including our car, we went to completing our lunch. We ordered the main course and it took almost an hour for preparation and we were hungry again. After having lunch we started towards home. I called dad informing him that I will be home. I reached home and went off to sleep. At the back of my mind I knew my phone would have switched off by now, so why should I take it out. I woke up in the evening and went out for shopping. All the while not wondering what was happening to my phone, was it safe? As soon I came back I started searching for my phone. No trace! I emptied my bag, still no trace. I searched the house, still no trace. I searched the car, still no trace. I felt like crying. I researched everything, still no trace. I couldn’t believe that it was no longer with me. I kept searching again and again, trying to assure myself it is there somewhere. I tried calling my number, but what was the use, it would have discharged by now. The lady said its switched off. I kept searching until I recalled the place where I had gone shopping, a lady was standing very close to me. I thought she must be so engrossed in shopping that she didn’t realize. I mean how can someone flick my phone from my bag. Its not possible, but it has happened. I was in no mood for dinner. I recalled all the photos which were present, all the messages, all the contacts… damn I was missing my phone. It was a gift from my bhabhi. I just couldn’t myself realize that I lost my phone. The whole night I was so restless. When I woke up in the morning, hoping it was a bad dream, but the phone was not there next to the pillow. We went to the police station to register a complaint. But they issued a certificate stating the phone is lost with the IMEI number. And assuring us that they can trace it only if the phone is switched on. And the chances are very low. I know I was being so emotional about the phone, but I had pics of my little one in it, which I used to browse as and when I missed her. I should have charged it, kept a track of it. I neglected it and it left me…
No comments:
Post a Comment