A sudden visit was planned by relatives which was further advanced to Saturday afternoon from Saturday night. Plus, I was given preferences on what they want to eat. Which was a bit annoying!!! And eventually, I started to panic. I hit the panic button by calling mom to come and help. And, finally she ended up preparing everything while I was just helping her. That was a lot of cooking for me. At a time, cooking for 20 people was overwhelming for me. Plus, so many times. I couldn't thank mom enough for turning up on a short notice and helping out. I wonder at times, why don't people care about others' convenience? If they did, I would have been more content. Or did they care if anyone was content? Anyway, the food was prepared and was yum, plus everyone liked it. They left content which made me feel good by the end of the day.
Lesson for next time, is to invite them myself and decide the menu myself, rather than taking orders.
A place where I let out my feelings, thoughts, ideas. A place where I can be myself. A place where there are no restrictions to express. A place where I don't have to think twice before expressing. Solely my ideas. Not written to hurt anyone's sentiments. Please don't take any of the articles personally.
Monday, April 21, 2014
Weekend get-together: Mom to my rescue
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
V true!!
Post a Comment