Monday, June 11, 2012

A day to celebrate

For weeks together I anticipated, what were we going to do on this day. With not so convincing plans from him, I visualized it to be a boring day. We planned to take off from office and spend the time together, but outside.

We planned to go to Vittal Rakumai temple. It’s been an year, since my mother-in-law wanted us to visit this temple. After deciding to wear a saree, I got ready relatively faster than usual. We headed towards the temple. Being a weekday, the temple had only 2-3 devotees. After offering our puja, we left. We decided to go to my uncle’s place to get their blessings. They had wished us early morning. They were surprised and very happy to see us. After chatting for some time, we left and went to visit mom. After taking her blessings, we left. We went home, got ready and left for lunch. I wanted to visit The Gateway of India for a very long time. And he agreed. We went to The Laughing Cavalier, an Italian restaurant. Food was good, and it made us sleepy so after. Still remember the last time, I had food at an Italian restaurant in US, I had messed up the plate, my hands, the table… eew. We had light lunch and left for Churchgate. It took us some time to reach there. There was no parking near the Gateway, so we had to park it at a different place and go walking till there. We reached there and I said, “Weekday”. Being a weekday, we expected the place to be isolated, but the whole of Mumbai had gathered to wish us. Never mind! The Gateway is a beauty. Standing tall and erect, welcoming people. There were so many photographers asking to get us clicked at 30 per photo. We didn’t pay attention to those guys and said no. After clicking some pictures, we saw there is a ferry, taking people and there was another ferry which was dropping people off the shore. I wanted to see the gateway from inside out and get all kinds of views. So we thought of going around it. As soon we reached behind it, my hubby said, lets go in the ferry. I agreed. We both were clueless about its destination, but we wanted to go and enjoy this moment. We joined the line and within minutes, our turn came. 60 per person and we were inside the boat. Wow! Like a small kid, my happiness shone on my face. Smiling from ear to ear. We wondered, where did the boat go, but wherever it went, we would definitely get a return boat. So we didn’t worry much about it. Its been a long time since, I have been on a boat. The wind hitting my face, there is peace, he is smiling, around me there are people smiling and enjoying the moment. Wonderful feeling! The boat took a U-turn and that’s when we realized that the boat was for site-seeing. We reached the shore. And suddenly people were in a hurry to get down, pushing others to get down first. The usual! We got down, and decided to get ourselves clicked by a photographer. It seemed childish, and I wanted to be childish. There were no photographers crowding around us and asking to click a photo. We had to get hold of a photographer, and asked him to click us. The photos were awesome, must say, paisa-wasool. The Taj hotel stood tall, didn’t seem like it had gone through a bad time few years back. Nor were there any scars left. We decided to leave and started walking towards the parking. The roads were live and there were people all around. Who said on weekdays, people don’t chill out? There were dozens and dozens of people, enjoying the summer vacation. While going back, we halted at the Marine Drive. The queen’s necklace was awesome. Each and every diamond on it was shining bright. After enjoying the view for 10-15 minutes, we headed back home.

An awesome way to celebrate, one year of togetherness.

No comments: