Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Certified Driver???

Yesterday, my driving test was scheduled at 11 AM. I was so enthusiastic about the test that I got up well before time, to revise the steps in my mind. And my friends had forgotten all about the test, didn't even wish me good luck. How forgetful!!! 2 of them did wish me. One of them wished me advance congratulations on receiving license to kill. I got ready to leave for the test, and mom asked, why are you wearing salwar kameez? Usually moms ask why you are wearing a short skirt, or jeans. But the thing was all throughout the driving sessions, I had practiced wearing floaters, which wouldn't go with my salwar kameez. Must say, my mom has great dressing sense. Only once during one of the sessions, I wore my sports shoes. And messed up the whole session, as I couldn't judge the accelerator L, and kept vrooming through my way. And masterji kept yelling, "Dheere se, dheere se, kahan bhaga rahi ho!". So later on I practiced driving only with my floaters. So now I went and changed in to my jeans & shirt, and I got late L. As soon I reached the bus stop, the bus came, not much crowded J. But the bus stop was crowded. I somehow, got hold of the handle, but the bus started. Damn!!! My shoulder got a jerk, so I left the handle. And then dad kept yelling, why did u leave the handle? Yeah yeah, I could have flown along. After waiting for 10 minutes, another bus came. This time I caught hold of the handle. So with one hand holding the handle and one leg on the step I got into the bus. Phew!!! At last on the bus, and soon got a seat. Reached the RTO at 11:30. Expected masterji to yell at me, but didn't find him around. At last found the instructor who taught me on the first day and fell ill JJJ. He told me to wait. Later on came along with one aunty and told us to go to the first cabin. We followed his hand direction and could only found water everywhere. The ground on which the test was going to take place was flooded L. All I could find were goats. Yeah goats, you got me right. Guess they too had come to get themselves licensed. Now that there were no trace of people, I was about to call masterji. But I had done a great job, I had changed my cell phone which didn't have masterji's number. I didn't reveal it to dad, else he would have given me a sound lecture. After searching for some time I went back to the instructor, he came along and showed us where to go. And at last I found my masterji and the owner of the driving school J. What a relief! There were around 25-30 people for the test and I came so late L. Everyone was standing with their forms, in a line to get it signed from the officer. From somewhere I got my form, and got it signed from the officer. I didn't stand in the line as ladies are not supposed to do so. So sweet JJJ. And then they told us to wait for the test. I saw one car, in which 3 girls were seated; each took turns to give the test. As I was gearing up, one man came and told all the ladies to go home. What? Go home?? Why??? I didn't even give the test. The owner said "come on Saturday and collect the license". Wow!!! So now I am ready to vroom that too without a test JJJ. This happens only in India.

Just a thought came to my mind, why don't they conduct certifications this way JJJ.

2 comments:

Divya A L said...

CONGRATS!!!! :D :P :)

Sleeping Devil said...

@Divya: Thanku :) ;)