The following email I had written for my friend, who was leaving the company and had asked me for a 'Last day' email, until she realized it was the 'Last second' email, which can be sent only when you have nothing to do with the company. After reading the email, she laughed for days, but couldn't muster the courage to send it. Her loss.
After a year of exciting and memorable stint with you, I am bidding adieu this Friday to join my husband in Sweden, the country of my dreams. Whatever! I couldn't find a better reason to get out of the clutches sooner and the reason sounded best and it worked too. I would like to thank my manager for believing in this excuse and not asking further questions.
When I look back, I feel so lucky to have served 3 years 9 months in such an amazing company and worked with such amazing managers who have guided me in every step of my career. Wish I could say that!
I would like to thank a few special people, who have imprinted my life forever. First, I would like to thank M****r, my first offshore lead, who taught me to be obedient to seniors not because they are knowledgeable and hardworking, but because they are seniors. Even if they were missing from their seats for the whole day, but they are seniors and they are allowed. Second, I would like to thank my amazing manager M*****a, who has taught me being fair and appreciating is needed only when some asks for a hike, and all the goodies are awarded to the tail wagging members of the team. Third, I would like to thank S*****h for allowing me to not work in the month of July, making my life a lot easier and ending all dependencies on me.
I would like to thank my friends and colleagues for making my journey bearable, I am going to miss you guys.
No comments:
Post a Comment