Learning the hard way always makes one more perfect and more consistent. Talking with experience, that’s how I learnt cooking. Prior to marriage, everyone around me used to go on and on about learning to cook. And me being such a procrastinator, never took them seriously. It’s not that I didn’t try to learn, but it didn’t interest me much then. My favorites were maggi and omlette. Those were the only things which I used to cook and relish them. Since I have moved into this new phase, I cook daily. Omlette is still on the list, maggi has vanished somewhere. Starting from cooking rice to making dal to frying a fish to cooking a chicken to dudhi ka halwa and there is lot to learn. One thing I am sure of, is that I love to cook and try out different recipes. Recipes which require lot of time and lot of vessels are scheduled for weekends. Just imagine after cooking and having the yummy dish, washing all those vessels. Hope you understand! During the weekdays, I usually make dal-rice and whatever sabji is available at home. I try to make the dal taste different daily, once by adding the sambar masala, the next day adding aamchoor powder, and the other days simple dal. Lately, I have learnt to cook chicken from Dad. Doesn’t take much time and the results take only an hour. And how can I forget the fish fry… yum yum. And the fish curry… So slowly, I am able to understand how mom felt, when she used to cook something different daily and still we used to say, “Not again!”. But seriously, these days whenever I go to mom’s place, I just relish whatever she has prepared, even if it is veg. I understand how much pains she has taken in preparing it and my taste-buds are behaving. Just like the saying goes, “Ghar ki murgi dal barabar”. Even if a chicken is prepared at home, it tastes like dal. Many people criticize about home food, for those people I have only 3 words, “Start cooking independently”.
So finally I can cook. And I am a certified cook-er from University of Hubbia :-D
2 comments:
looking at the title, I was tempted to ask "which brand" :)))
Good good, now that you are well versed, I can come home to have some mouth watering stuff! ;)
Yes surely dear. Anyday, anytime :)
Post a Comment