Thursday, July 28, 2011

Interviews

How do you feel when there is an interview scheduled, and you are the interviewee!!! Nervous, scared, confused, anxious!!! That’s exactly how I feel before every interview I give. Wonder what changes suddenly when I hear the word interview! As if the whole world is going to ‘devour’ me. Our college principal has once come to our classroom and kind of gave a long speech on doing things other than studies as well, else the world outside the campus will ‘devour’ us as soon we graduate. From that day ‘devour’ sounds so evil to me. We will go back to discussing about interviews. I don’t remember how many interviews I have given, but one thing I remember is for every interview I was nervous. The other day, I was at home, on leave, relaxing and out of nowhere I get this call for interview. In the state of shock, I went ahead with the interview as there was no option. As the questions asked to me were alien in nature, I couldn’t answer even one of his questions. The interviewer would have wondered, why why why??? Till date, only my first interview was the best. Probably I didn’t know what an interview would be all about, so I did not presume anything about it. But yes I was a little nervous but then as soon it was over I was relieved. That’s what happens when we judge someone even before meeting or before attending a session we presume it to be boring and drop out of it. We should be open to ideas, open to meeting different people, open to everything. Being judgmental doesn’t help in every situation of life. One thing I am sure of is that practice makes us better. And with each interview I am more composed, more confident but yes, I am nervous as usual. Once, one of my classmates, had told, we get nervous, so as to strive better. I guess, that’s how it is, we want to win and the thought of losing makes us nervous.

No comments: