Friday, February 26, 2010

Lost on the way…

Reached the bus stop at 07:00. All I can see around was snow. And the bus was scheduled to reach there at 07:15. It was chilling cold. My fingers and toes had become numb and started aching as they were swollen. Cool breeze hitting my face, could feel my face going numb. Felt as if there was snow on my face, but couldn't wipe it off with my hanky. A bus came around 07:10. As per the schedule this bus wouldn't take me to my destination, but hoping the driver might just say yes. The driver was new to the place just like me, he didn't know about the place I wanted to go. I didn't get into the bus. Waited 5 minutes and my bus had come. Got in the bus, asked him I wanted a transfer to a different bus and let me know when we reach the stop. Those 15 minutes seemed like ages, I was so cold, shivering, teeth chattering, hands and legs numb. In the bus I felt good. My body temperature became normal. Got down and took the next bus. The route seemed familiar but not familiar enough to get down. I kept looking, looking and looking. Suddenly I found a store with name "CONOCO", and I got down at the next stop. But later I realized it was a different store with the same name. Here I was in middle of nowhere, searching for my apartment, in this chilling cold. After fighting with myself whether to call home or not as it was so early and whether anyone was up so soon, I called up to inform that I was lost, and to pick me up. It took the car, 10 minutes to reach me, and I had frozen till then. My feet had swollen so much that it started to ache. I was waiting to reach home and doze off, but before that I needed to get out of this place. Hopped into the car and waited to reach home. After reaching home I put my toes under the hot water, which didn't feel like hot. After some time, my toes and fingers felt alive. I was alive again and the pain was gone.

But then it was thrilling. I like to explore new places, walk around. But if you have a very bad company who is not at all enthusiastic, then probably you have to drop all you adventurous ideas. Never mind, I will again try coming by bus someday, same time JJJ.

No comments: