Thursday, January 22, 2009

Machhi Market

Fish market!!! A happening place, as per the book, Fish, A Remarkable way to boost Morale and Improve Results. And true indeed.
Have you ever visited a fish market? I was a regular visitor until I got webbed with my books. I used to visit the fish market along with my dad. Holding his index finger, I used to tour the market. And it was fun. Childhood days were full of fun. The fish sellers, usually ladies, precisely “Kolis”, they used to ask screamingly and the customers replied screamingly. Dad used to have a look the fish, later he told me the trick to find whether the fish is fresh or stale, is by looking at its neck. If the blood is dark red or maroonish then its stale. The fish sellers were so pumped up in attending their customers, that no way the customer will go empty handed. They just attend to their customers and forget everything else. Their sole purpose is to sell fish and keep entertaining their customers. Like last Sunday, I was passing by a shop which had hand bags hanging outside the shop. One of the bags which were hanging outside grabbed my attention and suddenly I decided that my bag was old enough to have a younger sister. I asked to show them the cream bag and the lethargic shopkeeper took his time to pull that bag down. I wasn’t satisfied after I had it in my hands; I wanted to see more, something in black. But then they were too busy to attend to me, and I soon lost interest and left the place. Their loss and I was saved from losing my hard earned money. If they not able to keep the customer’s attention how are they going to do business? We must learn from the fish sellers how to do business and keep their customers happy.

No comments: