Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Getting married

The day has come when I will leave my maternal home and go to a place which I have to call my own. This place will no longer appear in my “Permanent Address” in any of the forms. It’s not the first time that I am leaving home. Few years back I left home for work. For complete 2 years, I was away from home, in some place which was not even closed to be called “home”. Life was terrible then. But that was temporary, that’s what, mom and dad used to tell. But this time it’s permanent. I have to leave forever. It’s not like they are kicking me out of this place. But they want me to be settled with someone who is much sensible (than me). Guess they found the sensible thing in him or probably they found in missing in me. Anyway let’s not focus on me. People say marriages are fixed in heaven, don’t know how did they come to know about this. If God would have informed me about this, I would have asked him for the choices.
To a certain extent, I am still in a fix whether this is a dream or it’s for real. I keep assuring myself that it is a dream, but then things happening around assure me that it is for real. So many people around laughing, talking. As usual I don't find my friends around, damn late comers. The time when I need them the most and they will be missing the very moment. Anyway my sweet cousin is around to keep me from losing my head. She is someone whom I can open up when there is no one around, and I am damn sure she will listen to me. A kind of chemistry which I don’t share with anyone, not even with my friends. Even if we don’t talk to each other, but we are updated about each other. And the bridesmaid is missing. She is my best friend. She had to give her approval for the guy whom I was going to marry. Damn she is choosy. Don’t know what she is going to do for herself. I will take care for her. Mom and dad are to busy with the guests and the arrangements. I have started to get ready to lose my spinster status. My beautician is also tensed, don’t know why? Usually she is calm. But hey, she is not my beautician. She is someone whom I have not seen ever in my life. Guess my beautician might be busy to come down. But how can I do without her. She ditched me last minute. No choice for me, have to adjust. This is not the right time to throw a tantrum.
Dunno what she is trying to do with my hair. I calmly observe, so does my cousin. And then Ms. Beautician runs to the hall and settles in front of our TV with a bowl of chips. Completely Dumbstruck! Guess her usual dose of “saas-bahu” crap. I am ready to break down into tears. But my cousin handles the situation. And I am still wondering whether this is a dream.
And then the saddest thing happens.

My alarm rings.

No comments: