Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Starbucks coffee - The actual coffee

The day had come, of which many people had been dreaming, since few years. That’s what, I had got to know from people around. Starbucks have finally come to India, in collaboration with Tata. The hype created by the brand was far less than the hype created by the fans. When I had been to the US, I never got an opportunity to have the famous coffee or rather I avoided coffee altogether. Coffee is not good, that’s my funda. But then, there are so many people around, who like coffee, that I gave it a try. Its not like I have not had coffee at all, all my life. I used to have coffee to bring down the fever. That’s the only time, I don’t object having it. Also, I have tried other brands, thanks to my hubby dearest. I didn’t like any. Its bitter, bitter and bitter. That’s how I described coffee. Until, this day, where I waited so long just for a cup for coffee and I wondered, why did we order a regular, a large one would have satiated my taste buds.
After much hype from D, who had visited the first day, we decided to go in the second day. When we arrived, there were number of people waiting in a queue. Half-heartedly, I stood there, waiting for D. she came after an hour and we were still waiting. And waiting for more 30 mins, we were let in. The layout was different. The temperature was adjusted, just right. There were people around, polite, ready to help. I was thirsty and hungry, because of all that waiting. We had ordered a Latte. Hazelnut for me and the usual one for hubby. I drank the coffee within minutes and wanted some more. It wasn’t bitter. It tasted like something, which I might get addicted to. Are you kidding, this is not coffee! Its coffee and still not bitter, how is that possible. My coffee was over. We had come so far to have a REGULAR, we could have had a large one. Never mind, next time.
The service was awesome. The ambience was too good. The people were trained to be good. And, the best part, the coffee was the best coffee. My taste buds are still craving for a GRANDE…

No comments: