Monday, August 17, 2009

Belated Happy Friendship’s Day

The delay in posting was due to a sudden trip to Kerala. A bit late, anyway every day is a special day. JJJ

Few years back, I used to wonder how people remember this day. I used to reach college, and people used to grab my hand and tie a ribbon with their names written on them. At times, some people were ready with their markers to scribble their name on my palm, as if it were their drawing book. When the palms were filled they used to target arms. I have seen people write on other's shirts. Used to wonder how come I didn't get to know the previous day, that there is Friendship's Day in college. Used to go to the stationery, to buy ribbons for people who tied ribbon to me. Later, I understood this funda, that Valentines' Day is celebrated on 14th February and 1st Sunday of August is celebrated as Friendship's day JJJ. We used to have a vada pav or a frankie as a treat to celebrate this day.

As years passed, my memory grew stronger; I found this idea of tying ribbons really dumb. If we value a relation, why to celebrate it just one day, or why do we tie ribbon on just one day? Why don't we do it for all the 365 days? For me each day is Friendship's Day. For me, friendship has always been special. Every relationship is my life has been special and they have left some special pug marks in my heart. It is said, if we have sand on our palms, we shouldn't hold it tightly, as it will slip away. But, from what I have experienced, each time I keep my palms open, the sand slips away, not because I am trying to get a hold of it, but because of the wind which is blowing over it. Each time, I have seen the sand slip away from my palms. Each time, I console myself by saying, if we are meant to be together, we will be together in future. Even now, I am seeing the sand slipping away, but this time, I am ready for the situation J. Wish, the sand could speak out to people and ask them to act timely before it's too late K.

Wishing all the friends, A Happy Friendship's Day, today and forever J.

2 comments:

Divya A L said...

hmmm.. may be u can treat this day as special for u to talk abt ur frnds in ur blog once in a while :) So, isn't totally useless ;) how wud u feel writing abt friends every single day?? ;) :D he he just kidding :) Happy frndship day!! :)))

Sleeping Devil said...

@Divya: Yeah, actually. My blog will be so boring. Then, I have to wait for an year to write about them :D. But then I can keep writing about them. If u check out my blog, they have a dominance over other issues :D. But then lately, I feel bored writing about them.

Thanks for the wishes. Wish you the same. And thanks for being my friend :)